Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 19- Where I slept

Confessional time,
or not.I am a proud co-sleeper/bed-sharer with 2 of my 3 girls.
Though at one point or another over the past few years I have fought to move the 5 year old into her own room.
So far that has only meant,
she is in her own BED, in my room,
her own bed, a side-car to my own.
Many nights she climbs up into mine
or I hear her soft voice
"Mom will you hold my hand?"
I slip to the side of the bed and reach my hand to hers.
She sleeps within moments,
just needing to know I am there.
Her bed is covered with her friends,
protecting both sides of her from her fears.
Her fears just loom so much larger at night.
She thinks, in the day, that she is brave,
but
when the lights go out
the fears hover over here.And I am thankful for a baby,
who sleeps well
and easily
most nights,
while I deal with
the bigger girls
fears.

2 comments: